Monday, February 11, 2008

#3. Harness alternative energy


This wind farm is one of my favorite things about Northwest Ohio. I think it's so great that we are using something we have plenty of (wind!) in an environmentally friendly way, to provide energy to homes in our area. When we moved into our house, our neighbors warned us not to buy a glass patio table, unless we wanted to clean up smashed glass. A couple of trash days later, after retreiving our trash can and recycling bin from where they had blown down the street, we realized they weren't kidding! The wind turbines are amazingly quiet as well. As I stood outside to take a few pictures, the traffic of the small, quiet country road was louder. Yay Bowling Green, for being so progressive! Can I get one of these for my backyard?

No comments: